The proceedings will appear in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (MSE).
Preparing your paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to
prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and
then convert these files to PDF. Full instructions on preparing your paper, along with templates, can be found on the
IOP Conference Series website.
When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has
been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to
publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional
circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
Important: please read before you submit a paper
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing
licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and no longer need to sign and submit copyright
assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the
licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to
the terms of the licence. The licence terms and conditions are available online.